- Dimensions - Measures 5" x 3" x 9" and weighs 4 pounds. Small and compact, these lights will fit just about anywhere unobtrusively.
- Twin Pack - Includes 2 HappyLight 2500s. Use them wherever you spend the most time in your home or take one to work.
- Full Spectrum Light - Provides up to 2,500 lux of full spectrum light. Full spectrum light was the standard used in clinical trials in treating SAD.
- Uses replaceable, energy-efficient 36-watt, 10,000-hour bulbs
- Convenient on-off switch on cord
- Flicker Free Elimination Technology ensures no annoying buzz or irritating flicker.
- S. Place bought the Verilux HappyLight 2500 to take the edge off the winter blues. While she uses one on her desk in the morning, she attatched the other one to dimmer so it acts as a wakeup light. Since she hates her alarm clock, it's set to come on about 15 minutes before she awakens. Not only does she have more energy now, she awakens easier and no longer needs to use the snooze button. She says these lights have really helped her, and it is a good alternative to dealing with depression.
- Tea Lover uses one of the lights at home and the other one at the office. She says you can't beat the price at Amazon, and she recommends these for anyone that has the winter blues or other non-seasonal mood swings.
- Jack Cameron has had his HappyLight for a year. He says it works great, and it's nice to read by. It easily sits on his desk and looks nice, the bulb is still bright, and it hasn't given him any problems.
These reviews are paraphrased. To read the actual reviews, click here.
The main con with the Verilux HappyLight 2500 is the intensity of the light. In clinical trials, 10,000 lux was found to effectively treat SAD. However, the HappyLight 2500 highest lux setting is only 2,500 lux.
- 1 to 2 hours @ a distance of 5" to 12" away from the light
- 2 to 4 hours @ a distance of 12" to 18" away from the light
- 8 hours @ a distance of 18"+ away from the light
Furthermore, according to Verilux, although you should preferably choose mornings for your treatment time, it is not necessary to sit by the light continuously. You can divide the treatment time into mini sessions. It is also important to remember that treatment times can differ dependant upon the individual.
At the Amazon site, the only cons were is that the packaging isn't as good as it could be, and two of the lights were broken when upon delivery. At the Verilux website, there were only two cons listed by customers. 1. The light can become hot. 2. It has a limited affective area since the lights are small. Jokingly, one customer said one con was others wanted to borrow it.